Thursday, January 14, 2010

A POST!

So, it's been awhile....so much has happened since my last post--I'm not really sure where to begin.

We had a wonderful summer. Hands down, the best in years. In early June, we rented a minivan (I know, right!) and drove to Yellowstone. It was a fantastic road trip. We stayed in Jackson Hole for a few nights before heading to West Yellowstone where we stayed in a little log cabin for a several nights. Words cannot describe how beautiful it is there. Andy said that Lower Falls is the most beautiful place he has ever been. For once, I just might agree with him.




































Later in the summer, Andy and I were able to get away for five days to San Francisco. It was bliss. It was great fun to hang out with old friends and have some time without the kids (and, of course, staying at the Ritz is fun too!) I can't imagine trying to raise a family there, but I do love it and I do miss it.

Shortly after we returned from San Francisco, we found out that our family is going to get just a little bit bigger....the yet-to-be-named baby boy is set to arrive on Friday, March 5, at 7:30am and not a minute later. The girls are very interested in 'Bob' as they've nicknamed him; talking to him, feeling him move and wondering all about what's happening inside my expanding belly. Each one of my pregnancies has been such a different experience--it's been so fun this time around to have the two of them to share it with.

Riley started kindergarten this fall and it suites her. She was nominated by her teacher in November to receive a school 'PRIDE' award during a school assembly for being a good listener, a hard worker and a friend to all. Yes, I cried.
























Finley started preschool this fall as well. I'm pretty sure it was harder on me than it was on her. Yes, I cried.























Now that we're both more comfortable with the situation, it is awesome. She has changed so much in the past few months. She has really come out of her shell and is turning into quite a chatterbox. I still get emotional when I think how far she has come and what an amazing little gift I have been given. I can not wait to see what the future holds for her.

I love love love fall and it never seems to last as long as I wish it would. Winter always comes too early and too fast in my opinion, but this year was a bit extreme. We've had (no longer just an opinion) more than our share of very, very cold days and plenty of snow. We've been keeping busy with school, therapy and playdates, plus Riley's dance and both girls in swim lessons twice a week whilst we wait for spring and baby.



I'm hopeful that this update will propel me back into blogland and I can again make it a part of my routine. Fingers crossed.



1 comment:

Jelina said...

It is about time! Glad to see a post finally! Loved it. Keep it up.