Saturday, May 23, 2009

T.W.O.

Today is Finley's second birthday. I honestly can't believe how fast it has gone.



I've learned more in the past two years about life and love than in the previous 30 years put together. Finley has been my teacher. I may worry endlessly about how she will handle teasing or if she'll be able to do normal everyday things like button up a shirt or tie her shoes. However, she shows me every day that she will be fine. She IS fine. She is better than fine, she is perfect.



Two years: too many doctors appointments, too many hospital stays and too much for one little body to go through.
Two years: too many people touch by her spirit, too many to count. Too many times I have been brought to tears with an overwhelming sense of pride that I am her mom.




The past two years have made me strong. I'm a better mom, a more loving wife and a much more decent and accepting person.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby!

2 comments:

Jelina said...

Ohhh! That brought tears to my eyes. Amazing what our children can do for us. She is such a special, beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday, Finley!

Johnston Family said...

Finley is too cute! I love her pigtails! It looks like Riley is a wonderful big sister! Carrie, you are an amazing mom and person! Happy Birthday to Finley!