Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

First and foremost, I am thankful for my family. I am thankful (and amazed) at the love I share with my girls. I am thankful for the love they have for one another. It is uncomplicated and unconditional and I hope this will always be true. I am thankful for my husband - how hard he works for his family and all that he juggles so that I can spend my days playing Pretty Pretty Princess and singing silly songs about make believe things. Our daughters will one day be thankful for this as well.
I'm thankful for my mom, who dropped everything to be here to help us so much this year. For my sister, who did the same. I'm thankful for the rest of my family and Andy's - all who have been so supportive, encouraging and helpful with the challenges we've faced.
In addition to a great family, I'm so very thankful for all my friends. I have SO many dear, dear friends - more than my share, really. I'm thankful for each one of them and the respective role they play in my life.
I am thankful 2008 is almost at an end....what an 'eventful' year it's been.
I'm thankful that I have so much to be thankful for -my 'food and shelter' is a beautiful home and a fridge that is (nearly always) full.
I'm thankful for the seasons and crisp autumn days. I'm thankful to live in such a wonderful place. There's a saying that goes something like..."if you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, then you're lucky enough". We don't live 'in the mountains', but I think the saying holds true for all of Colorado.
I'm thankful for my health, my happiness and my attitude. I'm thankful for the challenges I have been given because without them, I don't think I would be the person I am today.
I'm thankful for my ipod, rap music and my equal parts hate/fear of Jillian Michaels - collectively, they kept me motivated during some really long runs this year......
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments: